The Tenola TN4 female triathlon suit (tri-suit) was designed with first time triathletes in mind, but we wanted to offer all the performance features of more expensive suits on the market. The suit has been designed with improving performance in the swim, improved cooling, breathability and comfort on the bike, and run.
The main fabric choice for the tri-suit was 390 Vita from Carvico in Italy. 390 Vita (LYCRA® XTRA LIFETM) is a used throughout sporting apparel industry. Vita is a sustainable techno-fabric, made of a ECONYL® regenerated Nylon that turns waste problems into yarns. Vita is versatile, hyper-resistant, thin, stretch, soft and breathable: a unique mix of muscular compression and comfort.
Thanks to its innovative construction, 390 Vita provides excellent recovery power and always the perfect muscular compression aimed at decreasing the production of lactic acid, thus boosting a faster recovery of energy. Soft and pleasant on the skin, compact and breathable, it is also highly UV protective (UPF 50+). 390 Vita is two times more resistant to chlorine, suntan creams and oils than competitors’ fabrics.
The Italian manufactured fabric also provides the following benefits: -
- highly resistant to sun creams and oils
- provides muscle compression during physical activity
- good breathability
- excellent coverage
- four-way stretch for comfort and fit
- ultra chlorine resistant (240hrs+)
- water repellent treatment
- UPF 50+ Protection
The other material used on the tri-suit is Carvico Spider: an innovative bi-elastic micro-mesh made of polyamide which is naturally moisture wicking and leaves the skin fresh and dry, consequently preventing unpleasant itches. Used alone or matched with other fabrics, The spider fabric allows creative ergonomic and aerodynamic sportswear.
Supplier and fabric decided we set about designing the suit maximising the fabric performance qualities. The design was to be a multi-panel tri-suit which provided a comfortable fit like a second skin without causing any restriction in movement. The main fabric is super soft against the skin making the tri-suit very comfortable to wear.
The fabric has been coated with water repellent treatment (WRT) CO by Carvico. WRT stops water being absorbed by the fabric and creates a "slippery" surface which allows water to flow around the suit aiding the swimmer to maintain correct body position in the water which in turn creates faster swim times. Without WRT coating the fabric absorbs water and the fabric becomes heavier, which in turns means your body position in the water changes, and means you have to work harder to maintain correct body position in the water.
On the bike and run the 390 Vita is fast drying, has excellent breathability and provides muscle compression to reduce muscle fatigue where it is needed without restricting movement. Two pockets designed into the suit for carrying gel bars have been positioned on the sides, allowing easy access while on the bike or on the run discipline.
The chamois is from the world renowned manufacturer, Cytech. The chamois is a lightweight construction, perforated foam for extra breathability and quick drying micro fibre face fabric, for superior freedom of movement. Chamois is triathlon specific suitable up to Olympic distance events.
The key design features of the garment include:
- An internal zip material flap to help minimise any discomfort from the zip chafing.
- Front zip to provide extra ventilation during the cycle and run.
- Silicone leg grippers prevent any movement of the shorts and prevent chafing.
- Flat locked stitching though out for minimum discomfort against the skin.
- Triathlon specific pad from Italian manufacturer Cytech. Lightweight construction, perforated foam for extra breathability and quick drying micro-fibre face fabric, for superior freedom of movement.
- C0 free water repellent treatment “makes" the tri-body suits "faster" thanks to less water absorption.
- 2 deep slim storage pockets ideal for nutrition or valuables on the sides for ease access while on the cycle or run discipline.
- Light weight triathlon suit weighing in at less than 185g (dry)
The TN4 tri-suit was designed for triathlons up to Olympic distance. The TN4 tri-suit can be used for longer distance events, the limiting factor is the comfort of the chamois.